If you ever wanted to get to know me better, this is the blog post for you!
I don’t mean to brag or anything, but I got another award. Not just any award. It’s the Liebster award!
Ok, that’s a lie, I totally meant to brag, but only because these awards lift my heart more than you can know. It means that not only are people reading what I write, but that they don’t hate what they read. That’s really all a girl can ask for. I don’t know if this award actually is more coveted than any others out there, but for some reason it was by me, so to say my spirits are lifted as I write this would be an understatement.
But you’ve not only lifted my heart, you tossed it straight into the clouds. You didn’t just nominate me for it once. I was nominated three times for this award! Holy crap! This means a couple of things. First of all, there’s a lot of homework for me to do. Second, that means a lot of reading for you guys because I have a lot of questions that I have to answer. And third, I have three lovely bloggers to thank for the nominations (or maybe I should slap them – they’ve given me a lot of work to do!) In all seriousness, the bloggers who nominated me are three of my favourite, which means it is hard to not be able to nominate them right back. Please if you have the time, head on over to check out Mummy Flying Solo, Momma Needs Coffee, and Naptime Thoughts. They really are great!
So I hope you all enjoy reading my answers and getting to know me, because by the time I’m done answering all of these questions, I won’t have much of my soul left to bare.
Let’s start with the first blogger who nominated me – Mummy Flying Solo:
1. Winter or summer?
I want to say Summer, because I love being outdoors in the sun, but I hate the humidity that comes along with it. I can’t stand being sweaty! So I’m going to go with Winter on this one. You can always put on more layers if you’re cold, but there’s only so many you can strip off in the heat before you are reported for public indecency.
2. What is your specialty meal? The one you cook to impress.
Hmm. Tough question! I would have to say Dak Galbi – it’s a Korean dish that has chicken, chewy rice cakes, cabbage, sesame leaves, carrots, sweet potato, etc. all cooked together on a flat grill with spicy red pepper paste. It’s so good. I’m drooling thinking about it!
3. Do you clean your teeth twice per day AND floss?
Yes….. no seriously….. I floss every day….. at least that’s what I tell my dentist. Somehow he never believes me…
4. Have you ever tried meditation?
Not in the official way, no. It is something I’d be interested in learning about, but not from the type of person who is so serious about it that they might not “get” me not being that way.
5. What do you read to keep your brain active?
I love to read – especially the classics. I do geek out with the Potter’s every now and then, and read three online newspapers every day.
6. What is your favourite book of all time?
Oh man. I really really don’t know if I could pick just one. That’s such a hard question for me. I’m skipping this one, sorry Mummy.
7. If you could be stuck in a lift with someone who would it be?
Oh man, I dunno. I’m tempted to say my fiance, as we could use some alone time lol. But if I had to pick someone other than him, I’d probably say Hugh Jackman…only if he were done up as Wolverine. Reowr!
8. Favourite new song released this year?
Ohhhhh. Another hard one, simply because I mostly listen to a bunch of oldies and classics. But I’m kind of into Serena Ryder, particularly “What I wouldn’t do”. It’s one of those catchy ones that won’t get out of my head.
9. Best ever holiday?
Now here in Canada, we say holiday to mean Christmas, or Valentine’s Day. But I’m almost certain that in Australia, you refer to a holiday as what we call a vacation? Just to be sure I’ll answer both.
My favourite holiday is Halloween. I love the costumes, seeing the kids all dressed up, the scary movies, etc. Love it! My favourite vacation was to Thailand, where I got my open water diver certification, ate lots of street food, lived out of a backpack and got loads of cheap dental work done.
10. The gift you enjoyed giving the most.
Oh boy. I’m not too into the material things so brace yourself for a cheesy answer. Being able to give my fiance a daughter, and my mother a granddaughter. CHEEESE!
11. Do you tell your kids about Santa Claus (or will you if you don’t yet have kids)?
This is a debate in our home. I want her to know the joy that Santa can bring, but my fiance doesn’t like the idea of lying to her. We shall see who wins, but I’m pretty sure I will.
Ok, onto my second nominator, Momma needs coffee:
1. What is your favorite breakfast food?
I love a good fully stuffed omelette. My favourite breakfast place is Cora’s, and I usually get a Bobby Botton, which is an omelette, stuffed in a crepe. Drooool!
2. Name one place you would most love to travel.
Right now, the only place I want to go is Jamaica for our wedding! But I’d also love to head back to Korea some day to see some friends that I miss dearly.
3. Which of the wonders of the world would you most like to see?
From what I understand, the only “original” wonder of the ancient 7 wonders still standing is the Great Pyramid of Giza. Of the “new” 7 wonders of the world, I’ve already been to the Great Wall of China, so next on my list would probably be Petra, Jordan. Of the natural wonders, I’d love to dive on the Great Barrier Reef.
4. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
My man, my daughter, and a fully staffed yacht to get me off the island. 😉
5. What wild animal do you wish you could have as a pet?
I’d love a monkey!
6. How many pets do you have?
None at the moment. 😦
7. What is your dream job?
I’d LOVE to be a travel writer. To be able to see the world, write about it, and be paid to do it…nothing could equal that, except maybe a travel show host.
8. Coffee or tea?
Coffee, coffee, coffee!!!
9. Favorite TV show?
Oh no, I’m about to out myself as a closet smut TV watcher! I like wedding shows (dress ones especially), and my (now not-so) secret guilty pleasure is Keeping up with the Kardashians. I accept I may lose followers for admitting that.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Besides the Kardashians? Chocolate and fast-food. Don’t tell anyone.
11. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Pay off all that is left of my stupid student-loan, and buy a house for us to live in. I’m sick of my crummy apartment!
Finally, the last of my three lovely nominators, Naptime Thoughts had this to ask:
1.What’s your favorite food?
Anything Korean for sure, mostly for nostalgia purposes. My fiance also makes a really amazing authentic carbonara with roasted red peppers on top.
2. If you were in a crappy movie theater, and nobody was watching, would you sneak into a second show? (You don’t have any kids with you).
I’m afraid I’m too much of a goody-two-shoes to do that. I’d be totally afraid of getting caught haha.
3. Do you sing in the car?
Yes, yes I do. But 9 times out of 10 when I start singing my fiance changes the radio station. He says it isn’t on purpose, but I don’t believe him.
4. Can you still sing at least one jingle from a commercial when you were little? If so, which one?
Oh yes. The log driver’s waltz. A classic Canadian commercial. If you haven’t heard of it, google will be your friend!
5. Do you have a hobby? What is it?
Right now, blogging is my hobby. I’d really love to get back into a dance class or two though.
6. Do you pick your nose in the car? If you have a nose ring, you get a pass.
Ahahahahaha woops. I’ve done this before. No pass for me! Sometimes I forget others can see me when I’m in my car.
7. Did you own laserdiscs?
Don’t know what this is, so I’m going to say no.
8. Do you currently have pets? What kind?
Not anymore. We did have a cat, but after 18 months of trying to help kitty adjust to the new baby she just wasn’t having it and was really unhappy. We re-homed her with a lovely couple, and she’s a much happier kitty now. I still get updates from them!
9. New York or Chicago pizza?
10. What is a ping?
I wish I knew how to answer this for you. I think it is like a link back to your blog post, but I might be way off.
11. When I got this email that I was nominated for this award, how come I had to hear one?
I think that ping was to let you know you were tagged in the post? Again, I might be wrong lol.
Pfewf! If you’re still with me, well done you! You get some free chocolate on me. Okay, I’m lying again. I don’t share my chocolate.
So now I have to list 11 random facts about myself. This homework is taking way too much time. Here we go:
1) I have three tattoos, all of which have meaning to me.
2) Ever since I had my kid, my hair grows like a weed. I can’t afford to keep up with the amount of haircuts I now need.
3) I am getting married in 2015 in Jamaica!
4) I can’t stand eating chicken wings, because when the bones/gristle hit my teeth I want to gag.
5) I love that long dresses are “in” right now. I wear them to work a lot, just so I don’t have to shave my legs more frequently.
6) I’m an okay cook (my fiance is better), but I’m a pretty good baker!
7) I’ve travelled to the following countries: Canada, USA, Dominican Republic, Scotland, Korea, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand.
8) I am from the East Coast of Canada, and we’re known for our seafood. I hate most of it.
9) Strangers still ask me if I’m pregnant. I want to throat punch them. Then I eat chocolate. I don’t see the situation rectifying itself anytime soon.
10) I seriously considered becoming a doula.
11) I want to learn to golf and play guitar, but I haven’t found anyone patient enough to teach me.
FINALLY THE LAST STEP – MY NOMINATIONS! If you’ve lasted this long, props to you. I would have probably given up long ago. Here are my 11 nominees for the Liebster award, all of which are awesome!
So Many Right Ways
The Fortunate Artist
How NOT to Kill Your Parents
Lessons from my daughter
Chasing a Daredevil and Twins
Ok. Finally, for those of you who I nominated, should you choose to accept this award, this is what I’d like you to answer:
1) Were you named after anyone?
2) If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself?
3) If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
4) Do you have a special, hidden talent?
5) If you had to pick one, would you a) Bungee jump, b) Skydive, c) Scuba Dive
6) If you were invisible, where would you go?
7) Who do you most admire, and why?
8) So you ate this apple, then find out after the fact that it was radioactive. You’re a superhero now! Quick, what’s your name and your super power?
9) How do you want to be remembered?
10) What does your lastest text message from someone else say? (You don’t have to name who it is from)
11) If you put on the Sorting Hat, would you be Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw? Explain your answer. If you don’t get the question, shame on you.
That’s it! I’m done! Now I’m going to go have some coffee. That’s a lie. I’m going to have a coffee crisp. (For those of you who are unaware, it’s a chocolate bar and it is delicious).