This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving, and I have loads to be thankful for! I have an amazing little family who are in good health. I have lived to see another birthday this past Wednesday (Uggh 31 feels OLD!), and we are starting to get details finalized for our wedding in Jamaica! Can you tell we’re excited?
So as I was thinking of all the things I was thankful for, I started to think about things that I think would make my life even easier! Things that I’m not sure actually exist (some of them might – I honestly haven’t checked), but I’m sure if I could create them I’d be rolling in some money!
So here’s my little list of things I think would make life easier. Got anything to add?
– I know they make machines that are a washer and dryer in one, so you don’t have to switch the load from the washer to the dryer, it just drains out then automatically starts the drying cycle. I had one of these in Korea and it kicked ass!
But I’d like to have a machine that washes your clothes, dries your clothes, then automatically folds them for you. So when the buzzer goes off to indicate it is done, it is already pre-folded and you don’t have to sit there for a bloody half hour to fold your laundry. Who am I kidding. I don’t really fold my laundry often. It sits clean in the laundry basket and we sift through that to put our outfits together for the day. Anything to make a lazy Mom’s life easier, am I right?
– Ever tried to push a stroller through a snowstorm? Okay, so if you live in the Southern states or somewhere tropical, likely not. But I’m telling you right now, it’s a pain in the ass! The wheels get stuck in slush and snow, and the pushing becomes choppy and bumpy at best.
You know how some fancy stollers have just a little button you push and it collapses on it’s own? Well how friggin’ cool would it be if you pushed a little button in the winter, and it released little sled runners that swung under the wheels of the stroller. That way instead of trying to manoeuver wheels through the slush and snow, you were just essentially gliding a convertible stroller/sled in the snow! It’d be so much easier! Does this exist? If not, I call patenting it!
– I don’t know a single Momma who doesn’t feel sleep deprived at some point (if not all the time). Sometimes, coffee just isn’t enough!
Do you remember watching those sci-fi shows and cartoons (like the Jetsons) and they ate an entire meal in capsule form? Or watching Charlie and the Chocolate factory and that gobstopper had a full meal? Why hasn’t someone created some sort of snack or shake that when eaten, makes the sleep deprived Momma feel like she’s just had 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep and has enough energy to match her toddler? Didn’t sleep? No problem – just eat this magic sleep cookie and BAM – what’s it feel like to be tired again?
– I’m sick of fighting the car seat. My child does “the rod” like a champ!
So I’m thinking there needs to be a car seat that has a set of arms pop out and holds your kid into the sitting position for you. Heck, while we’re at it, let’s have those arms hold your kid for you while the straps automatically fasten themselves! You just have to watch and make sure it all goes down smoothly.
– While we’re on a car theme, let’s make some car floor mats that can absorb all the discarded cheerios, goldfish crackers and annie’s cheddar bunnies. Let’s make a car seat that has an automatic dispenser on the side for those aforementioned snacks so when you’re driving and you hear “Moommmm! I’m hungry!” you can just tell them to hit the button and a perfectly portioned snack will present itself to them.
Got any other ideas that would make life easier? What are you thankful for on this lovely Canadian Thanksgiving day?
(Don’t forget to click on the Top Mommy Blogs icon to the right, pretty pretty please!)