***Updated as someone kindly pointed out to me that my links were improperly done. They should be working better now. 🙂
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I take pride in my geekery. I have no shame in it at all, and quite frankly feel like when I’m with my fellow geeks, I’m with “my people”. That is where I fit in. I love the references, the jokes, all of it.
So imagine the nerdgasm I had when I was nominated as one of the FIRST EVER RECIPIENTS of the Modern Man of the Cloth Geekery Awards! (Seriously, follow this link. It’s great!) I tried really hard not to spit out my morning juice as I grinned, but I failed and had some pitifully dribble down my chin. But I just don’t care, because I am now “The Joker”!
I am going to quote directly from his post, because I don’t want to do a disservice to his creativity. Anything you see quoted is sourced directly from his post, which you can find in the link above. “The Joker – Your humour is infectious, and maybe even a little dark. Your posts have made me laugh out loud almost every time. I would like to give this award to Jennifer of https://howtoruinatoddlersday.wordpress.com/“
OMFG – I LOVE IT!
Here’s the best part – there are more nerdtastic awards that I now get to give to other people.
Strap in and get ready folks, we’re in for a wild one!
1. The Optimus Prime Award – “Your blog is so inspiring I just want to ‘transform, roll out’ and follow you”. I would like to give this award to Atlantamomofthree.
2) The Philip J Fry Award – Seeing the gorgeous jewelry you post every day makes me want to say “Shut up and take my money!”. I would like to give this award to We’re all mad here…
3) The Gandalf the Gray Award – “When you make a point your arguments are so thought out and so persuasive no counter argument can stand.” I would like to give this award to Momma needs coffee.
4) The This is Sparta Award – “Everything you say is powerful and strong. Agree or disagree I find your passion and convictions so inspiring.” I would like to give this award to Mummy Flying Solo.
5) The Joker Award – To a person after my own heart. “Your humour is infectious, and maybe even a little dark. Your posts have made me laugh out loud almost every time.” I would like to give this award to Mentalmom02’s blog.
Now for the rules, as established by the Man of the Modern Cloth himself:
- Like I tell my children you should always say thank you
- Please link back to the post that gave you your award
- If you won any of these awards you can pass along any of these made up, but still real, awards to someone else. Or can create your own awards to tell someone how awesome you think they are.
- Tell us 58 random things about you and 41 things that that make you interesting**
** Not a real rule.
This might be the best award I have ever received, so I hope that you will all accept yours and pass them along. Remember to link back to this post, and it would be great to link back to the creator’s post as well.