A blog award? I’m so new to this I didn’t even know they existed! But holy smokes, someone nominated me for one, and I nearly spat out my morning juice when I read it. I mean I’ve only been at this for three weeks – I still don’t know all the ins and outs of how to do this stuff, but apparently, some people are actually reading what I write, which is fricken awesome!
A huge amazing thanks to the super sweet Momma at http://mummyflyingsolo.com/ – You have no idea how you made my day. Here I am reading your posts thinking, wow she’s really got the hang of this, and then you go and think I actually know what I’m doing lol. At least now I know, that I’m faking it alright enough. Go check out her blog – she rocks!
So apparently, after the research I’ve done (yes, I had to do research about this award because like I said, I’m a total blog newbie), accepting this blog award comes with some rules. I mean I could NOT accept it, but who am I kidding, I like the attention so I’m totally going to accept it haha. The rules are:
1. Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
2. Share seven random things about you
3. Pass the award on to seven nominees
4. Thank the person who nominated you
5. Inform the nominees by posting on their blogs
Ok, so here goes. Seven random things about me. Uggh where do I begin.
1) I’m a world traveler at heart. I lived in Korea for two years, and traveled all through Asia while I was there. I miss the cultural diversity and the food every day. I need to win the lottery so I can make traveling more of a priority again.
2) I’m addicted to iced lattes. It’s actually really bad. I wish there wasn’t a Tim Horton’s on every damn corner where I live. I can’t resist, and I’m drinking too many calories every day.
3) My retirement plan is to win the lottery (Geez, I think I really need a winning ticket). For that plan to work, I’d probably have to buy lottery tickets on the regular. (I really should look into a more solid plan than that, but life gets busy, and I forget).
4) I feed my kid better than I feed myself. She gets good food, I get what she doesn’t eat, or whatever is on the way home (drive-thru, delivery, pre-made stuff at the grocery store, a PB&J). I should take better care of myself than I do.
5) I am not a good cook. I mean I have my 4 or 5 fall back meals that I can cook really well, but I’m not creative in the kitchen. My fiance, on the other hand, is the master chef in our house. Thank God for that.
6) I put on a tough, don’t mess with me face. I have no problem standing up for myself when the person isn’t close to me. But if it’s someone really close to me that I care about a lot, I become very emotional and get hurt easily.
7) I’m not a crafty person in general, but I make a wicked cool professional looking diaper cake! One little girl thought it was so realistic looking, she kept asking her Mom when she could eat a piece of cake!
And to pass it along to 7 nominees:
1) Chasing a Daredevil and Twins – Her little drawings say more than words and make my day! http://chasingadaredevilandtwins.wordpress.com/
2) Doodlemum – Again with the drawings. More talented than I ever could be. http://doodlemum.com/
3) Embracing the Insanity – An honest Mama just like me! http://embracingtheinsanity.wordpress.com/
4) Atlanta Mom of Three – The kind of blogger I look up to. She’s got it going on! http://atlantamomofthree.wordpress.com/
5) Fascinations of a Vanilla Housewife – I’m new to following her, but she’s great! http://thevanillahousewife.wordpress.com/
6) The Adventures of Fanny P – Honest, and to the point. Love it! http://missfannyp.wordpress.com/
7) Liberty Dee – I can completely relate to her. Holy cow. http://libertydee.wordpress.com/
So I guess that only leaves me informing these awesome bloggers that I think they are amaze-balls, while I continue to do a happy chair dance and turn a blushing shade of tomato at the thought of someone thinking I know what I’m doing on this blog thing.
Thanks again, so much, for thinking of me Mummy Flying Solo. I still am in disbelief that people are actually reading this thing.